Skip to main content

DIY Facial Mask Review ~ Coffee

So yesterday concluded my DIY facial mask for November. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is this week and Christmas is a month away!! Well this time I tried a mask that had coffee in it. I didn't follow the exact recipe because I didn't need all that extra. I just eyeballed enough for just one time but here are the ingredients:
4 Tbsp Coffee Beans, grounded
4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
8 Tbsp Dairy Product
2Tbsp of Honey
Mix the first two, add the dairy and stir until it makes a paste and then stir in the honey. Apply to a clean face, let dry and use a wet washcloth to loosen and rinse.

For the dairy product, I used yogurt and I used instant coffee that comes in a can. It was pretty easy to make but it took a little time stirring to make the paste. I believe it took about 10 minutes for it to harden on my face and boy did it get tight!! It did take a little to loosen but it left a really nice glow on,my face. I did break out just a tiny but but I liked the mask.
The caffeine in the coffee helps reduce swelling and puffiness, the antioxidants in the cocoa powder help reduce ageing and the tougher helped replenish moisture. I noticed that all of the mask I tried had honey in the recipe.
So out of the four mask I tried, I would most likely use them all again but I really liked the Oatmeal mask the best because of the results.
Hope you guys enjoyed these DIY facial mask, let me know of you have tried any of them out and your results!

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. I am always curious to hear if these things works so I am glad you shared this! I am going to go back and read more about the others masks as well! (◕‿◕✿) Shalunya http://shalunyaboyet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shalunya!! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! I love trying out new things, especially DIY things!! I would love to hear what you think of the other mask I've tried!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...