Skip to main content

DIY Face Mask- Oatmeal

This is week 3 of trying out different DIY Facial Mask. Today I tried this oatmeal mask. Here is the recipe:

1 TBSP Oatmeal (Ground very fine)
1 TBSP Plain Yogurt
A few drops of Honey

Mix all together, leave on for 10 minutes then wash off with warm washcloth.

Well I did not ground up the oatmeal, I left it whole which I think may of made a difference. It was very easy to make but it was a little messy when I was applying it to my face. The mask did harden during the 10 minutes it was on my face. It was very easy to wash away and my face was left feeling very smooth and soft. I did wash my face prior to applying and followed up with my eye cream and night moisturizer.

The benefits of oatmeal on your skin is that it has 18 Amino Acids which helps heal your blemishes and repair your skin. It is also hypoallergenic for those who have sensitive skin. I found the oatmeal to be very gentle on my skin and did act as an exfoliant which is another benefit. Yogurt contains Lactic Acid which helps keep your skin hydrated and helps with pre mature aging of your skin. There is also a zinc content in yogurt to help shrink pores and reduce your blemishes. And I noticed that the mask I've used so far have contained honey. I am really surprised that it was not sticky on my face and came off easily.

Well, we have one more Sunday left in this month and will be the last DIY facial mask that I will be trying out. So far, I've liked all of them and wouldn't mind incorporating any of them in my facial regiment. And speaking of facial regiment, I need to update you guys on what I'm currently using. So far, I really like the way my skin as been looking and feeling. I do have another challenge for the last two weeks of this month that will be starting tomorrow and I will be updating you guys on my skincare regiment, eyeshadow pallet challenge and what I got in my November monthly subscriptions!! Let me know if you try any of these mask out!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over ...