Skip to main content

BK Girls Night Out and NY Vlog

Last Saturday, I had an amazing time in New York. I was initially going to the BK Girls Night Out event and saw that Alissa Ashley was having a meet and greet at the ELF store in Times Square. I had to go because she's one of my favorite YouTubers and I wanted to support her collab with Elf. We were able to purchase her lip gloss before it launched during the meet and greet. She is such a sweet person and really pretty in person. You'll see in the vlog what else I purchased at the Elf store. 


I had some time in between events so I stopped to get some coffee...and it wasn't Starbucks lol. I stopped by Pret and had a really good Pumpkin Spice Latte. I also had a breakfast sandwich and just enjoyed sitting and city watching lol.


I walked around the city for a little bit before it was time to head to Brooklyn. It was fun taking the subway and figuring out what train to take. Thank goodness for Google Maps lol. I didn't get too lost, I was just on the wrong side of the tracks lol.

This Fenty Beauty foundation tho.....love it

BK Girls Night Out was started three years ago by Shinese Brathwaite. I think she started following me on Instagram and slid in my DM about the event lol. I had to come support. She wants to bring more awareness to Breast Cancer and women empowerment. I loved that all the vendors at the event were Black Owned. I tried not to spend too much lol but I wanted to get to as many tables as I could. The night was about having a great time with your friends, shopping and bringing awareness to Breast Cancer. It was inspiring to hear the stories of two Breast Cancers survivors that were honored that night as well. The event was amazing and was such a success. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to attending next year. Hope you enjoy the vlog below.



Have a great weekend and see you guys Tuesday. 

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY OCTOBER ONYX BOX??


Comments

  1. So cool you got to me Alissa Ashley and the event sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm glad I was able to stop by and the event was amazing! Thanks Tanya!

      Delete
  2. That's cool that you got to meet Alissa....I love her and her sister. I wanted that lip gloss so bad but it was sold out when I tried to order it so hopefully I can grab it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, they are so funny and talented lol. Hopefully it restocks soon, it did sell out fast! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow