Skip to main content

Happily Ever Johnson: Registries, Rings and Things

It is crazy how fast this wedding is approaching! I can't believe it is almost February and June will be here before we know it! We have done so much with wedding planning and trying to make sure we have everything covered. First we started with finishing our registries. We started them but it just didn't feel complete. Earlier this month we attended a Sip and Scan event at Macy's. They had representatives from different brands such as Mikasa, Kitchen Aid and All Clad to answer any questions about products and to help you pick out the things you would like to put on your registry. They had a DJ there, passed hors o'derves and mocktails.

Here we are with the scanner having registry fun lol


We didn't have our formal or everyday dinnerware on the registry and finally picked those out. It was hard trying to decide what to go with. For everyday, I was looking for something that was durable since we have a 5 year old and dishware that was going to last. For our formal dinnerware, we wanted something that had the right amount of flare I'll say without being too much. The rep from Miskasa was so helpful in that department. 




We walked around the store for a while and found some cookware, towels, washcloths and other kitchen stuff. I really loved the event and crossing that off of my list lol!

Next on our list was the wedding bands. We both were not too sure on what kind of bands that we wanted. We headed over the jeweler where he got my engagement ring from and he was super helpful and made the process easy. It was really fun trying on all the bands and I found one that I loved and went with my ring. My fiance found a band that he liked as well. I didn't know they made rings in all these different metals, I thought it was either silver or gold lol.

The fiance looking at rings.


Lastly was getting together with my coordinators (aka my Mom and aunts lol) and looking for decor. We are pretty much doing a DIY for the centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres  and so on. We went out on one Saturday around to a few stores looking for the flowers to everything. It was a lot trying to figure out my many tables, how many bridesmaids, groomsmen, how many other corsages and things we needed. We made out really well and found a lot of what we were looking for. I found all of the arrangements I wanted on Pinterest (which I have been on a lot lol). I already knew what I wanted, it was just a matter of finding the flowers.

I feel like we are making a lot of progress. I just need to make sure I have everyone's correct address and making sure I'm not forgetting anything lol. I'm not going crazy just yet lol. 

So that is it for another wedding planning update. How did you stay organized when you planned your wedding? Hope you enjoy this week and see you Thursday!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST, ON A PERSONAL NOTE??


~**Drea Notes**~

I miss watching football on Sunday! This Superbowl should be a pretty good game.

My son is so into Michael Jackson now. He watches his videos and tries dancing like him. I love it!



Comments

  1. I thought the wedding registries were really over whelming but my cousin went with us and helped us out back when I was engaged. I think DIY centerpieces are the way to go! Def a smart way to cut costs. I wish i did that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was a bot overwhelming but glad it is out of the way finally lol! Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...