Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

It has been a while since I've done a post in this series. I have so many samples that I need to use up and get through. I forgot sometimes to use them lol. I have used some that I am going to share today.Grab a snack because I am sharing a lot today!  Let's get into the reviews!



RMS Beauty Makeup Remover Wipe




Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 1.00 for one, 16.00 for 20 pack
Review: I am always up for trying out new makeup remover wipes. This one was really different from others that I've tried. This was coconut oil based and I thought when I first opened it that it was dried out lol.I used to use coconut oil to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin at night. It really got all the makeup off and was pretty gentle on my skin, I think I would repurchase this.

Mally Beauty Eyeshadow Stick in Copper Rose


Box It Came From: Essence Beauty Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 25.00
Review: I have tried out other products by Mally Beauty and loved them so I knew I would love this too. I have never tried an eyeshadow stick before and I really like them. It is like you have a lot of control of where you place the shadow and it is very easy to blend out. It is easy to layer on the color for a more intense look or keep it subtle. This color is so gorgeous and perfect for everyday. I would repurchase this. Here is a swatch.



Hikari Shimmer Bronzer in Radiate


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 17.00
Review: This is such a pretty palette. It seems like it has a blush, bronzer and highlight in one. Here is closer look at the palette.


The bronzer is a little too light for me so I mixed it with the highlight shade and it was so pretty! It was the perfect golden glow.  I really like the blush color as well. I like that you can use the blush as a highlight as well. This is a great multi- purpose product and this is something great to travel with. I think I would repurchase his. Here are swatches of each one.



Boo-Boo Cover Up Concealer in Medium Coverage


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 10.00-20.00
Review: I have heard so much about this concealer and was happy when I finally got one to try lol. This shade was perfect for my complexion and I really love the coverage. I would say this is medium-full coverage concealer. It blended out so smooth and did not crease at all. Also a little bit of this goes a long way. I would repurchase this concealer.

Hanalei Lip Treatment



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 25.00
Review: It is hard for me to find a lip treatment that keeps my lips moisturized all day and I don't have apply so many times. I really liked using this one. I was a little thick but not so much and it did keep my lips moisturized. I don't think I would pay 25.00 for a lip treatment but I do like this one.


Frank Body Original Body Scrub



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 16.95
Review: I always love a good body scrub and haven't tried a coffee scrub in a while. I really loved how this smelled like coffee which is very refreshing in the morning! It was pretty gentle on the skin if you do not like those rough scrubs and my skin felt amazing. The only thing I don't like is how messy this makes your shower!! There was coffee scrub everywhere and it was a little hard to clean up. Other than that, I really liked the scrub and would purchase. Here is what the scrub looks like.




Paula's Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment



Box It Came From: Essence Beauty Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 55.00
Review: I have heard so much about this company and their products. I was so excited to give this a try. I have noticed a few dark spots from acne that I wanted to get rid of. This really helped fade those spots away and I was pretty impressed. You don't need too much of this of product for a spot treatment. I so couldn't bring myself to pay for the full size but I will have this one for a while.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil



Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 42.00
Review: I was super curious to try out this primer. First it is an oil that is supposed to be the base to your foundation. I have an oily T-zone so I was interested to see how this would work. Of course I still got oily but this worked really well. It settled in so well into the skin and my makeup stayed all day! I don't think I would repurchase this primer but I will enjoy the rest of this sample.

So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples! Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts? Comment below and let me know! Have a great week and see you Thursday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST ON MY HAUL FROM THE LIVING NO LYE NYC TOUR??



~**Drea Notes**~

I can't believe Naturalle Drea is about to be 3 years old! I will have a reflective post later.

I really need to stop watching Food Network so late at night, I get so hungry and I'm trying to be good with no late night snacks lol!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had luck with these products. The mally shadow stick, hikari bronzer, boo boo concelaer, and the coffee scrub interest me the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy too. I don't have too many products that I don't like very often. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!!

      Delete
  2. The coffee scrub looks just like coffee grounds, I would probably enjoy that and crave for coffee afterwards. I've never heard most of these brands but glad they all worked well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scrub does make me want a cup after using it lol! Thanks for stopping by Jackie!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...