Skip to main content

Happily Ever Johnson: Bridal Showcase

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Today I'm bringing you another post to Happily Ever Johnson! Grab a snack, this post will be picture heavy. Last Wednesday, my fiance and I attended another bridal showcase. This time it was at one of the possible venues for our wedding, The Merion. I was so excited to attend. When first got there, we saw many limos and buses outside to show for transportation.




As we walked in the venue, we were greeted by this beautiful grand staircase and entrance way. I was loving the place so far.


They had the main showcase in the biggest ballroom of the venue and also had the other rooms open to view if you were thinking of booking your wedding there. We took no time exploring the different ballrooms and were really starting to envision our wedding being here. I like how each room has its own space for cocktail hour and it was a very nice and open space.


They had once of the rooms set up like there was an event going to held there and the fiance really like the set up.



After looking at one of the rooms, we heading into the event. There so many vendors for photography, invitations, photos booths, travel agencies and so much more.


We went around to the different vendors to get ideas and see what we liked and didn't like for our big day. There were a lot of great vendors and I got a lot great insight and information. We made sure to take business cards of the vendors we were really interested in and left our information. Here are some pictures I took at some of the tables.

I really liked the invitation styles at these two tables.



This photo booth was very different. The screen was a giant iPhone(I didn't get a picture of it) and there was a camera on top actually taking the pictures. You had the option of viewing your pictures and taking them again if you wanted. You could also email the pictures, print them out and send them directly to your social media pages. The pictures took about 30-45 seconds to print out which was really fast. The booth also offered props for guest to use in pictures. They were letting couples take pictures and we really liked the concept, it was very different.




There were also a couple florist there and I loved the set up of this table. It was simple but elegant and pretty.


Another florist table had some bouquets made up and some center pieces. This is a picture of me with one of the bouquets. It was so pretty and smelled so good!!


After walking around for a while, we went to see another ballroom but I was blow away by this hallway. Can you say gorgeous?


At some point during the night, there was a DJ showcase and fashion show by a local bridal boutique and tux place upstairs in another ballroom. It was hard for me to get decent pictures because the models were not standing still long enough to take pictures but managed to get some. I love how they had wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses and even mother of the bride and groom.They mixed them together with the guys.






At the end of the fashion show, they were doing the giveaways that each vendor was hosting. You were given these tickets at the beginning of the night to drop into bags at each table for a chance to win some great prizes. I was hoping to win money off a service the big day but won a bouquet from one of the florist that was featured in the fashion show. 


Overall I loved the showcase and we went for a formal tour of the venue on Sunday. I am loving the planning process so far. I'm just wanting to book a venue with a date that we have in mind and then I can really envisioning what I would like the space to look like. Have you attended a bridal showcase before? What was your experience? Comment below and let me know. Enjoy the week and see you Thursday!!

Have you checked out my previous post on my January Birchbox and Ipsy??




Comments

  1. Bridal Showcases are so much fun! I would LOVE to do wedding planning and wedding makeup as a job, oh gosh, I would LOVE it!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pursue it Lily if that is a passion of yours. I think you would be great at it! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Bridal shows are alot of fun and give you alot of ideas for how you want your special day to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been loving the ones I have been to so far. I am getting a lot of ideas and seeing the vendors I would want to work with. Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete
  3. The venue looks absolutely beautiful! I'm glad that you had a nice time at the bridal showcase! Congrats on winning a bouquet! I look forward to reading your wedding planning posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful site, I love it! Thanks for stopping by Pilar!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...