Skip to main content

On a personal note.....

So many things have been on my mind lately, it's just all driving me crazy. I literally had a major meltdown a few weeks ago over life of course. I hate that I have no clue what I want to do with my life, what direction to turn into or anything. I had it all set out about 10 years ago. I know what i wanted to go to college for, I knew my career path, when certain things would happen in my life. Nothing like I imagined it. You can't be in the driver's seat all the time, you are always not in control of things. I'm proud of myself for pushing through and getting my degree that I'm not using at the moment. But where did my drive and motivation go? I feel like I'm lacking consistency and that "Go-Getter" mentality. I feel like I lost them somewhere. It was brought to my attention a while ago and I didn't listen. I thought I was okay but now I'm realizing that I have lost it. I have been inconsistent many of times and I really don't push myself past my limits. I let excuses take over. I let my fears take over. I let my insecurities take over. I'm thinking oh I'm really pushing myself, I'm really trying hard when I'm not. I can even stay consistent with working out and I want my flat stomach back in time for summer. I don't know what happened to me at all. I really need to step back and step away from some things to find that person again. I don't like how my life is going right now and I want things to change and turn around. I want to be on the right path, I want to be happy again. I do fake the funk a lot like everything is okay when it's really not. I really want to find myself and figure out my career and where I'm going wrong and what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to fail at not trying. I can't give up and throw in the towel. As I'm writing this, I'm feeling better. I know things don't happen over night but I know it will happen. I know I'm going to be okay. Everything will be okay.

Comments

  1. Some time we can be too hard on ourselves. You are blessed to be talented and smart and more blessing are sure to come your way. You are already on track because u figured out that you need to push harder to be where you want to be in life and in due time everything will fall into place !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, I really appreciate it! I'm still learning patience.

      Delete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. I graduated from college 5 years ago and still have no idea what I want to do with my life. My degree is still kind of relevant but my concentration and minor are out the window lol. Just take one thing at a time and set realistic goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya. I'm trying not to be so hard on myself and really learn to be more patient with things. I just needed to get that out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...