Skip to main content

On a personal note.......

Happy Thursday!! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend! I had fun with family and friends and just enjoyed being off work for a nice long weekend. Now it seems like everyone is getting ready for Christmas and 2016 will be here before we know it. I debated on doing a post on this but I kept thinking about it so I decided why not. Last month I went to a party with one of my best friends. We had fun laughing, joking and dancing to good music. It was great to get out because both of us have kids and we haven't been out in a while. So as the party goes on and people start filtering in, we started to get approached by guys. Now this one guy came over to dance and it's a party, you're supposed to dance. So the guy asks what my name is and if I have someone. I answered that yes I have someone. He's like No, I'm playing and I'm like I'm serious, no games here. Then he said something that made me stop and look at him like he was crazy. He said "Well, take down my number so I can be an option". I had to stop and think about what this dude said. Why would you want to be an option aka side dude? Wouldn't you want to be with someone that is completely yours? I respect my relationship and sometimes don't understand why others don't? So most of the night this guy kept finding me and trying so hard to convince me that I needed to give him my number and it was getting so annoying after a while. There were plenty of other females at this party that were most likely single and he was chasing me. My friend and I left the party early so I could avoid that dude when the party let out. What he said and how he was acting really stuck and I just couldn't get why he didn't respect my relationship, Why is it okay for me to step outside my relationship to talk to you. If I did leave my guy for you, I know he wouldn't like it if I did the same thing to him. I honestly don't think people think of these things. It seems like television heavily influences affairs and it being okay to be the side piece. It seems like people really don't value if someone is in a relationship or not. When did it be okay to be number 2? When did it become normal in a way? Even if I was single, that is such a turn off. If I don't want to talk to you or not interested, respect that and move on. I guess this is something that can probably never be answered.

So that is it for another on a personal note. I will be back tomorrow with November Favorites.

Have you checked out my previous post, November Essence Beauty Box??



~**Drea Notes**~

I haven't put up my tree yet. Is anyone else ready for Christmas?

I tried the new Holiday Spice Flat White at Starbucks and it was pretty good. You just have to let it sit for a little bit to get the full flavor.



Comments

  1. Some people are pretty ballsy. I don't understand it either. I feel like cheating is so "normal" now a days it disgusts me. Loyalty is a very hard thing to find now a days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tonya. It seems like things have really changed. Hopefully we can understand it someday. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. You know Andrea I think that this is such an important topic to discuss. I find it disgusting how some people will try disrespect a person relationship. I don't understand it either why would anyone want to be a backup person. Also I read a story about this woman who was engaged and she turn down a man who asked her out and he killed her! I was like what is this world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that and it was so sad and senseless. I don't know what is wrong with people these days. Thanks for reading Pilar!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...