Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

Hey guys! I'm back with another post in this series. I have used a few items over the past couple months so let's get right into the reviews.


Harvey Prince Hello Perfume


Box it came from: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 55.00
Review: I have enjoyed every perfume I have received from this company and this one included. This was more of a Fall scent to me but I enjoyed using it. It is a pretty strong scent but not too much for everyday wear. I think I may invest in this one, I really liked the fragrance.

Lierac Paris Cleansing Water


Box it came from: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 24.00
Review: I ran out of my Sephora Cleansing water and this sample came just in time. I use this after cleansing my face to make sure I got all the makeup off and as a night time toner. I really like using this. It works just as well as my Sephora one. It gets the makeup and dirt that I left behind and is gentle on my skin. I think I may look into the full size bottle soon once this sample is out.

Eva-Nyc Rock A Wave Leave In Curl Cream



Box it came from: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 24.00
Review: I always love getting hair products in my beauty boxes. I haven't used a lot of them but I was pretty excited to try this one out. I used this last week after washing my hair and I love this curl cream. It really helped define my curls and control the frizz during the week. I love the creamy and pretty thick texture of this curl cream. It helped keep my hair moisturized all week and I didn't notice too much frizz. For that price, this is a definite repurchase and well worth it!!

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliant 


Box it came from: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 78.00
Review: I have been working on exfoliating my face at least twice a week and I love trying new products out. I read from a few bloggers to be careful using this scrub because it could be harsh but it wasn't harsh at all to me. It left my skin feeling so soft and it had a nice glow to it. I don't think I can bring myself to pay that much for a full size so I'll just enjoy this sample.

Derma-E Microdermabrasion Scrub


Box it came from: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 29.99
Review: Funny thing is, I got this scrub the same time I got the Dr. Brandt one but in different boxes! To me, both of these scrub were very similar except one comes in a tube and the other in a container. They both had the creamy, smooth texture with the exfoliating beads. One big difference is the price and I would pay for this one over the other.

Evologie Stay Clear Cleanser



Box it came from: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 32.00
Review: This sample came just in time too because I ran out of my current cleanser I was using. I really enjoy using this one. I have noticed a difference in my complexion since I started using it. I'm happy to report that it has not broken my face out and I think this may be a repurchase.

Clarisea Sea Salt Solutions Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant



Box it came from: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 18.00
Review: This product was very interesting and different. When I opened it I thought it was going to be rough on my face and how was I going to use this.

It looks like sea salt that you would use to season food with but this one surprised me. You would put a small amount in your wet hands and add some water if needed or use with your cleanser. This scrub was not rough at all because the salts melted a bit with the water. I loved the results I got after using this a few times and would possibly repurchase again.

So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts on them? Comment below and let me know.

~** Drea Notes**~

My 1 year Blog Anniversary Giveaway is still going on!! You have until Saturday to enter!!

Why did the Summer just fly by so fast?? I've only been to the beach once!!! 

Comments

  1. I've liked most of the Harvey Prince samples, except for the one I got in thi months box...I'm not liking it at all.
    I love the Dr. Brandt exfoliator...but it's so darn expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the same one or something different? I wish it wasn't so expensive because I really liked it. Thanks for stopping by Lily!

      Delete
  2. The cleansing water sounds effective yet gentle. The Dr Brandt also interests me...I always worry about it being to harsh for my skin. Good to know that it was gentle on your skin.
    Great post!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the cleansing water is gentle on my skin. Love when I find products that work well with my skin cause it tends to act funny sometimes!! Thanks for reading Keisha!

      Delete
  3. I got both microdermabrasion scrubs too and agree that they are very similar aside from the price tag. Love the Eva NYC hair mask that I got too. The Clarisea scrub is very interesting. Looks like this was a pretty successful shop my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if Birchbox and Ipsy planned to send both of those scrubs lol! I want to try more from Eva Nyc, they seem pretty reasonable! Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete
  4. The Dr. Brandt scrub dried out my skin so it's still sitting in my bathroom but I do like how my skin feels super clean after! I may use on a Spa Night or something when I have nothing plan but stay in for a few days hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I think I read it has done that with some people. Sometimes I put coconut oil on my face before scrubbing to its not so rough.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...