Skip to main content

On a personal note....

Listening to this rain has me thinking about stuff. These everyday problems that I have going on are only a fraction of what other people are going through and what is going on around the world. Innocent lives are being taken, having an illness that you're not sure can be cured, people can't find jobs or have health coverage. It just seems like the news is never good news anymore. You never really hear anything good. I'm almost afraid to step outside sometimes. Life is very unpredictable and people should learn to appreciate what they have more often and not take things are granted. Life isn't all rainbows and sunshine all the time, sometimes I wish it was.

And another thing, what is going on with today's music?? I love all kinds of music but it seems like anyone and everyone is getting a record deal, putting out songs that make no sense. Of course I love a catchy beat but it's lyrics with me. If I can't understand the message you're trying to put across or talking straight nonsense, I'm not listening lol. I find myself pulling for older music like New Edition, Guy, The Motown Sound and so on. I love music from the older days because it was actual music. I used to lay on the floor and listen to whole Cd's and get lost in the music. I would go through disc after disc of everything and just be in my own little world.

Sorry for this random post but it was just on my mind to post this with everything that has been going on lately. I just hope the unnecessary violence stops and people start working together and not against each other.




 
~**Drea Notes**~
 
There will not be a post on Friday, my little guy is turning 3 and will be running around like crazy getting stuff ready for his birthday party!
 
Don't forget to enter my 1 Year Blog Anniversary Giveaway! You still have time! 

Comments

  1. I agree..idk what has become of this world..and I def don't understand some of the music on the radio nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's just crazy what is going on now and I don't listen to the radio much anymore. Thanks for stopping by Tanya.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...